Join renowned sexual health expert Dr. Lisa Oldson on Twitter as she answers questions about recent STD testing and treatment happenings.
Hepatitis C. There might be a ton of topics that are more fun to talk about than that particular STI—kittens, iPhones, different foods you can wrap in bacon—but there’s not very many that are as important. This sexually transmitted disease is a particularly vexing one; if left undetected or untreated, you could end up with serious liver disease, such as cirrhosis or cancer.
That’s why this week’s #STDchat is focusing on hepatitis C. Dr. Oldson will be answering your questions and sharing the latest news:
- As SexualHealth.com reported this week, http://www.sexualhealth.com/hepatitis-c-cases-increase-among-young-adults_n_1294/ the disease is making a comeback after years of decreasing cases (possibly due to increased injectable drug use among teens and young adults).
- The Centers for Disease Control recently issued new guidelines for Baby Boomers, http://www.cdc.gov/features/HepatitisCTesting/index.html recommending that folks born between 1945 and 1965 get tested.
- New testing and treatment options are coming along—learn what options exist if you’re diagnosed or are showing hepatitis C symptoms.
This hour-long chat is happening Friday, January 25th at 12 PM CST. If you’d like to take part in the talk and boost your hep-C knowledge, there’s a few ways to do just that:
- Follow Dr. Oldson (@LisaOldson) and SexualHealth.com (@SexualHealth) on Twitter
- Submit a question by tweeting it, using hashtag #STDchat
- If you’d rather just stay silent and lurk, follow the #STDchat hashtag and see what questions others are putting to the good doctor.
See you later today!