Each year, people are often asked by someone in their life to create a Christmas List. Whether that means updating an Amazon wish-list, asking children to make a list for Santa, or simply listing out the things in life we wish we had, but might not get (for Christmas or ever).
But what about our sexual health? When do we ever make a wish list for things that would be good for our bodies, our sexuality, and our health?
Here are just a few things I would like to see on a Sexual Health Christmas List:
1. Better access to sexual health care for low-income people
2. Better access to sexual health care for uninsured persons
3. Better and more accessible sexual health care for trans-people
4. Better sex education access for youth, both in the public school setting and at home
5. Non-discriminatory access to contraceptives for all age groups and genders
6. Affordable, accessible, and comprehensive health care for women
7. Inexpensive screenings to test for sexually transmitted infections (STI’s)
8. Inexpensive antibiotics and treatment to cure sexually transmitted infections
9. Non-judgmental and non-discriminatory sexual health care for everyone seeking it, for any reason
As a bonus, two things I would love to see under my Christmas tree next year:
Hope everyone had a Merry and Wonderful and Sexually Liberating Christmas!